Located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, The Mariner King Inn majestically stands in the heart of Old Town offering upscale and contemporary lodging. The Inn, built in 1830, has undergone extensive renovations restoring the old and melding it with the needs of today’s travelers. The 4.5* Inn has 14 units and one vacation rental unit. Three rooms and two suites with reception and breakfast room are located in the original historic building , four suites, three rooms and two family rooms with a more contemporary, mariner theme in mind in the Cranberry and Candy Apple additions.
The Mariner King Inn is looking for reliable, hardworking, friendly and enthusiastic young professionals that want to learn, like to work with public, and are seeking to find a future placement in the tourism industry.
The initial job duties the Employee will be expected to perform will be the following:
– stripping used beds and collecting all linens in containers for transport to the laundry
– washing and drying laundry following proper procedures
– soaking linens with stains and using proper products to remove stains
– ironing and folding linens
– maintaining the organization of the laundry room
– examining laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability
– sending torn articles for repair
– keeping track of articles taken out of the inventory in the inventory sheet
– ensuring that the linens are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked
– checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles
– keeping the laundry room, ironing room, folding area, cranberry building storage room organized and clean
– performing all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner
– 6 days a week (6h shifts from 10am to 5pm)
– Available also as a part time or an evening shift (open for negotiation, some duties would be adjusted for an evening shift)
Location: 15 King Street, Lunenburg, NS
Wages: 12 – 15 Cad per hour + possible tips depending on position.
– Accommodation for employees might be provided for free as a bonus or for a minimal fee depending on their contract.
– Available in a furnished hotel apartment. 1 bedroom apartment with queen bed and a pull out sofa, two twin beds can be arranged instead of queen bed. Suitable for 1 or 2 people.
– Shared accommodation available with 2 bedrooms and shared bathroom and kitchenette
– Airport pickup by employer
Supervisor: Monika Reibling, General Manager
Period of Employment: April/May – October/November
Hours: 35 – 40h/week
Applications can be sent to Monika Majcherova: email@example.com by March 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm.