- Ensure guest rooms are cleaned to the highest standards using the ABC system.
- Return Lost and Found articles to Housekeeping per SOP
- Report any maintenance issues
- Restock carts/bins/closets ensure they are kept in an orderly manner
- Ensure equipment is in working order
- Other duties as assigned
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service- orientated manner in accordance with hotel standards.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with property standards as required by scheduling that will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working.
- Comply all times with property standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Knowledge of property and local attractions
- Knowledge of fire safety
Keltic Lodge at the Highlands functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day from mid- May to mid October.
Department: Housekeeping Reports to: Executive Housekeeper
position: Room Attendant
Job summary: This job exists to provide cleaning services to guest accommodations according to property standards.
Education and Experience:
- At least one year of hotel or a related experience preferred.
- W.H.M.I.S. certification preferred
- First Aid certification preferred.
Tools and Equipment:
- Vacuum, Chemicals for Cleaning
- Long hours sometimes required
- Shift work and six (6) day workweeks sometimes required.
- Light work- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force, constantly lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects and linen.
- Must be able to prioritize quickly
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying information both written and oral.
- Must be able to convey information clearly
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to adapt to change in routine quickly and easily
- Must have good physical stamina and good personal hygiene.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by other employees and guests.
Accommodations may be available on-site for $30 per week. Meals are also available for $5 per meal.
Closing Date: Monday 29th April 12:00
To apply email Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer at Megan_ringer@cbu.ca with a relevant cover letter and resume. Please see Megan see Megan to confirm the period you would be available to work.