The purpose of this job includes but is not limited to: oversees the dining experience of all guests; ensuring guest satisfaction in menu descriptions, wine selection and daily specials; ensuring that food and beverage orders are expedited by servers in an accurate and timely fashion; ensuring guest checks are settled in an accurate and timely fashion (especially breakfast); communicating and helping to resolve any food and beverage staff issues.
The supervisor is responsible for providing the ambiance desired and laying the foundation for an enjoyable dining experience. Guests must feel welcome, comfortable, and well attended to at all times.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Responsible beverage certification preferred
- First Aid certification preferred
Tools & Equipment:
- Five Star POS system, telephone, pager system, wine opener, coffee maker, espresso machine.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative course of action quickly and accurately
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests
- Must be effective in motivating, coaching and continual training of frontline staff
other abilities, skills, knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage
- Thorough knowledge of wine selection
- Persuasive descriptive abilities helpful
- Thorough resort knowledge including history
- Knowledge of activities, events locally
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform when working
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient resort operations
- Meet, greet and seat the guest, and visit during service
- Take reservations for small and large parties
- Oversee and assist daily opening, closing and cleaning duties
- Ensure all duties of servers, bartenders, hosts and bussers are completed
- Do tip-outs for support staff
- Order supplies
- Communicate with and oversee duties of hosts and service bartender
- Support any and all team members throughout service
- Other duties as required
Keltic Lodge at the Highlands functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day from mid May to mid October.
Staff accommodations are available for $30 per week. Meals are also available for $5 per meal.
Applications Close 14th April 4:00pm
Please send a relevant cover letter and resume to the Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer at Megan_Ringer@cbu.ca to apply.
Please contact Megan to discuss the dates you would be available to work.