JOB SUMMARY: To ensure customer satisfaction by offering the highest caliber service to the resort guest on arrival and departure and throughout the length of the guests stay.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in hotel or a related field helpful
- Will Train
TOOLS & EQUIPMENT:
- Computer, telephone, photocopy machine, fax machine and other office equipment.
- Available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and shift work
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for dealing with the public
- Thrives under pressure
- Team oriented
- Customer service focused with an eye for details
- Professional manner and outgoing personality
- Good Command of the English language
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs and periodic lifting of back of up to 75lbs
- Constant kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Frequent ascending or descending stairs and terrain
Reporting to the Guest Services Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To report for duty on time with a professional appearance and clean appropriate uniform with all the tools needed to start your shift.
- Greet all guests with a smile and an appropriate hospitality greeting.
- To be on your post in the lobby at all times ready to greet and offer assistance to all guests; returning to this post after the completion of any/all tasks.
- To provide luggage assistance upon arrival, and departure to and from the guestroom or to locations specified by the guest within the perimeter of the resort.
- To know the check in and check out Procedures as well as resort outlet hours.
- Provide information on resort facilities, meeting functions, dining facilities, local alternatives, spa information, golf course information and local visitor and tourist attractions.
- Provide luggage storage for guests as require.
- To do room changes and other miscellaneous services and deliveries as requested by the Guest Services Manager on duty in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct designated deliveries to guestrooms: messages, facsimiles, parcels, packages, envelopes, newspapers, golf clubs, keys, and/or other items requested.
- Assist in ensuring guest and co-worker safety and security by reporting any suspicious or unusual behavior to GSM and resort security services.
- Assist in fire alarms by fulfilling duties as outlines in the hotel fire response manual.
- Awareness and acknowledgment of all functions and special activities occurring on site on any given day.
- Other duties as required
Keltic Lodge at the Highlands functions 7 days a week, 24 hours a day from mid May to mid October.
Accommodations may be available on-site for $30 per week. Meals are also available for $5 per meal.
Closing Date: Sunday 14th April 2019 4:00pm
To apply email Student Placement Officer, Megan Ringer at Megan_ringer@cbu.ca with a relevant cover letter and resume. Please see Megan see Megan to confirm the period you would be available to work.