We are searching for a dynamic individual who is passionate about exceptional Guest Service delivery to complete a four month internship. The successful applicant will provide excellence front desk service and act as a liaison between the Front Desk Supervisor and our guests, always responding to guest requests and concerns in a personal, prompt and courteous manner with the ability to think “outside the box”. This position will be of interest to an individual who is a self-starter in nature and who will be able to quickly make a difference to service levels by demonstrating their training in obtained from a professional Hospitality program.
· Provide excellent guest service, meeting and exceeding external & internal guests’ needs and requests
· Be empowered to solve guest concerns immediately to ensure total satisfaction
· Accurate and timely check-in and check-out of hotel guests
· Perform Reservations and Switchboard duties, as required
· Generate extra revenue through daily up-selling and selling strategies, and act as a sales agent for the hotel.
· Follow and maintain all corporate practices as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) manual.
· Daily balancing of individual work, as well as maintaining a cash float
· Will be required on occasion to provide guest service during an overnight shift.
· Other projects and tasks as assigned
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Passionate about guest service
- Proficiency in computers and ability to work under pressure.
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and work in fast paced environment
- Able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to show initiative and handle problems without guidance
- Minimum of 2 years in a front line customer service environment
- Previous Guest Service/Front Desk experience a definite asset
- Must be currently enrolled in a Tourism and Hospitality or equivalent program.
Must be able to work a variety of shifts inclusive of evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overnights.
The Canadian Coast Guard College (CCGC) is a world leader in the field of maritime studies and the national training center for the Canadian Coast Guard. A key program is the Canadian Coast Guard Officer Training Program. This is a four-year training program and is consider one of the best marine training programs in the world, producing both Marine engineering Officers and Marine Navigation Officers.
The CCGC has a unique opportunity for a hospitality student. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with an interest in people business and serving the public. The successful applicant will work with a great team, to answer and provide great service to our internal and external client.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00pm on March 8th, 2019.