Located in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, The Mariner King Inn majestically stands in the heart of Old Town offering upscale and contemporary lodging. The Inn, built in 1830, has undergone extensive renovations restoring the old and melding it with the needs of today’s travelers. The 4.5* Inn has 14 units and one vacation rental unit. Three rooms and two suites with reception and breakfast room are located in the original historic building , four suites, three rooms and two family rooms with a more contemporary, mariner theme in mind in the Cranberry and Candy Apple additions.
The Mariner King Inn is looking for reliable, hardworking, friendly and enthusiastic young professionals that want to learn, like to work with public, and are seeking to find a future placement in the tourism industry.
The initial job duties the Employee will be expected to perform will be the following:
– Setting up and breaking down each morning’s breakfast buffet,
– Ensuring buffet items such fruits, breads, cereals and bakery items, cold cuts remain well-stocked and fresh,
– Refilling buffet trays in timely manner, to ensure continuous wide selection of food
– Maintaining the safety and appearance of the buffet and dining area,
– Collecting and cleaning dirty dishes and resetting the tables for new guests,
– Cleaning the area in preparation for the next day including replenishing silverware, sugar caddies and condiments, light to moderate food preparation, refilling teas and cereal containers, mopping, wiping and sweeping.
– Keeping the kitchen and the food preparation areas clean and organized
– Providing a welcoming and hospitable atmosphere to guests of the Mariner King Inn
– Communication with breakfast guests: addressing guest questions, directing the guests to the breakfast area, explaining the buffet if necessary, addressing special requests and needs, supplying the baby chair if necessary
– 6 days a week
– Part time position or full time in combination with housekeeping.
Location: 15 King Street, Lunenburg, NS
Wages: 12 – 15 Cad per hour + possible tips depending on position.
– Accommodation for employees might be provided for free as a bonus or for a minimal fee depending on their contract.
– Available in a furnished hotel apartment. 1 bedroom apartment with queen bed and a pull out sofa, two twin beds can be arranged instead of queen bed. Suitable for 1 or 2 people.
– Shared accommodation available with 2 bedrooms and shared bathroom and kitchenette
– Airport pickup by employer
Supervisor: Monika Reibling, General Manager
Period of Employment: April/May – October/November
Hours: Vary depending on full-time/part-time option.
Applications can be sent to Monika Majcherova: firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15th, 2019 at 11:59pm.