Start date: May 2018
Work term: 4 to 12 months, depending on student availability. Please indicate length of co-op availability on resume and cover letter.
Location: Sarnia, ON
As the Research Chemical Technologist Student, you will be working at Imperial’s Sarnia Technology Applications & Research Center; the largest facility of its kind in Canada with an outstanding record of technical innovation.
- At a minimum, enrolled in 2nd year of studies in a chemical engineering technology, environmental technology, science laboratory technology or chemical laboratory technology diploma program
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application
- Strong wet/bench chemistry skillset, with hands-on experience in chemical sample preparation techniques, qualitative analysis techniques and physical characterization methods
- Rudimentary understanding of effective chemical laboratory test practices; experience with quality control procedures, lab precision evaluation and quality systems are an asset
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Effective communication skills in technical writing and presentation
- Demonstrate high level of self-initiative, with a strong desire to learn new knowledge and skills
- Ability to work in collaborative environment to ensure effective project delivery
Examples of job responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot technical challenges for manufacturing sites and external customers
- Promote a safe laboratory work environment through effective risk assessment and demonstrating good laboratory test/instrumentation practices
- Document and communicate findings to peers, global colleagues and customers
- Conduct project work as required by customers and business units
To learn more about CBU Co-operative Education Opportunities contact:
Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
- You will have the opportunity to work alongside a wide variety of colleagues which include chemical technologists, research chemists and chemical engineers.
- You will gain valuable hands-on laboratory experience in a state-of-the-art technology and research facility.
- Term relocation assistance is available for those who qualify
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: February 4, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Instrumentation, Chemical Engineer, Engineering, Research