Start date: May 2018
Work term: 8 months (May – December 2018)
Location: Sarnia, ON
As a process technician student at the Sarnia Refinery, you will be required to safely perform normal operating tasks associated with the process technician role.
- Must be enrolled in Chemical Engineering Technology diploma.
- Good academic standing is required in all subjects.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Experience and/or course credits in Refining or Chemical Product Operations would be an asset.
- Familiarity with electronic analyzing devices, fundamental piping skills; drafting and/or blueprint interpretation.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record is required
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, plus the ability to work in a team environment
- Sound reasoning ability and mechanical aptitude
- Skilled in various computing software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. are also considered desirable assets/skills for the positions being offered
Examples of job responsibilities:
- Providing identification of equipment
- Field monitoring and analysis
- Recording of data and report development
- Providing background data through research to establish specification documents for process service
- Conducting mechanical adjustments to designated equipment as part of the field-monitoring task
To learn more about CBU Co-operative Education Opportunities contact:
Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
- This assignment will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the oil and gas industry. We offer you formal training and challenging, discipline-related work experience in an operating environment.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety and bottom line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide-ranging programs and benefits.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: February 4, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Gas, Gas Technician, Technician, Engineer, Administrative Assistant, Energy, Technology, Engineering, Administrative