Start date: May 2018
Work term: 8 months (May – December 2018)
Location: Sarnia, ON
As the Laboratory Technologist student in Sarnia, you will be assigned to one of the sections in the Sarnia Quality Assurance Laboratory. The laboratory operates 24 hours per day/ 7 days per week with rotating shifts. Depending upon the area, you may be responsible to qualify and release manufactured products, support product development through testing analysis, support the refinery operations across Canada, or provide technical guidance to the Imperial marketing organizations and industrial customer base.
- 2nd year student in chemical engineering technology, environmental technology, science laboratory technology, or chemical laboratory technology diploma program.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Conduct laboratory testing per testing protocols
- Participate in field testing
- Manage specific areas of own work/projects
- Provide computer analysis and interpretation of data
- Document/communicate results
To learn more about CBU Co-operative Education Opportunities contact:
Carly Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your skills will be developed through “hands on experience” and formal training programs in a positive work environment with strong mentorship and guidance from senior laboratory technologists.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: February 4, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Engineer, Product Development, Administrative Assistant, Refinery, Engineering, Research, Administrative, Energy