Start date: May 1, 2018
Work term: 4 months
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Strathcona Refinery is looking for an IT administration student to work in our business system support department. The business systems support department supports the business applications used throughout the refinery to help improve business productivity and support business decisions and processes.
- 1st year Information technology college diploma students.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Sound reasoning ability, good communication and interpersonal skills, high level of self-initiative, comfortable working within a team environment.
- Basic computer literacy in programs such as Microsoft suite of products with emphasis on Access, Excel and Visual Basics (VB).
- Knowledge of Data Networks and Security Models.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize, identify and raise possible conflicts and problem solve to meet deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality assurance.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creation and population of Network Universal Groups to control LAN access.
- Maintaining existing network security local groups.
- IT control tasks on SharePoint team sites, OneDrive and network LAN drives including data scans, access matrices and reviews.
- Participating in team meetings and activities.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Gain exposure to the design, operation and maintenance of security on a large scale network.
- Experience the practical application of learned skills to control access to network resources.
- Access the business applications that support the operation of a refinery, including refinery maintenance and personnel management.
- Develop practical IT solutions to solve business problems.
- Participate in discussions and daily tasks regarding IT support.
- Recieve on the job training by experienced employees.
To learn more about CBU Co-operative Education Opportunities contact:
Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
This assignment will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the oil and gas industry. We offer you challenging, discipline-related work experience in an operating environment using a structured quality managing system (ISO 9000).
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: January 28, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Developer, Administrative Assistant, Refinery, Quality Assurance, Network, Technology, Administrative, Energy