Start date: May 1, 2018
Work term: 4 months
Location: Edmonton, AB
The Strathcona Refinery is looking for an instrumentation student to work in our maintenance department. The assignment will include assisting the instrument/analyzer in maintaining the safe and efficient operation of Strathcona Refinery equipement.
- 1st year instrumentation technology diploma student.
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Sound reasoning ability, good communication and interpersonal skills, high level of self-initiative, comfortable working within a team environment.
- Assignment will involve indoor and outdoor work.
- Successful candidate will be required to become a member of the Unifor, Local 21-A.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record are required for this position.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Testing and calibration of equipment in a shop and field environment;
- Assisting technicians in the maintenance of equipment;
- Ensuring established loss control and environmental standards are followed while demonstrating responsibility for personal safety and the safety of others; and
- Participating in team meetings and activities.
As the successful candidate, you will:
- Have the opportunity to manage the workload in your work area and perform daily maintenance task required by the refinery, while working in a supportive environment.
- Be provided with on the job training by an experienced employee.
- Gain hands on experience in an oil and gas industry, within the maintenance department.
To learn more about CBU Co-operative Education Opportunities contact:
Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
This assignment will provide you with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in the oil and gas industry. We offer you challenging, discipline-related work experience in an operating environment using a structured quality managing system (ISO 9000).
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: January 28, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Instrumentation, Refinery, Engineering, Energy