Job Title: Co-op Student
Reference Number: 3796 Business
Unit: Regional Marketing
Department: Customer Solutions
Location: Halifax, NS
Type of Employment: Term (Co-op beginning May 2018)
Nova Scotia Power’s greatest source of energy is our people. In a culture focused on safety and our customers, we’re committed to providing exceptional electricity service to Nova Scotians and rewarding careers for our employees. We’re hiring solution-minded people excited to help us grow into the future. We are currently looking to fill the position of Co-op Student in our Customer Solutions department.
Skills, Capabilities and Experience: The successful incumbent must be in their third or fourth year of their undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a co-op program with a focus in Marketing or other business discipline. The candidate must have exceptional communication skills, strong attention to detail and prioritization skills and excellent organizational skills, with good problem solving approach. The candidate must also be proficient with Microsoft Office. Experience with analytics tools and in public engagement and event planning would be assets.
The successful student will be required to:
- Support logistical coordination of the Summer Tour (i.e. working with event staff to set up NSP booth/space, ordering swag, collateral, giveaways, and any other promotional materials).
- Create organic social media posts to promote tour (photos from events, contests, and other social media promo).
- Coordinate employee volunteers required to support Summer Tour events.
- Will be NSP representation at a number of events.
- Provide support for various marketing initiatives as part of electrification strategy.
- Be a back-up support for on-bill financing program, including processing of credit applications and leases.
- Complete market research on various technologies including heat pumps, electric thermal storage, water heaters, electric vehicles, battery storage, etc.
- Present research and recommendations to supervisor and full Customer Solutions team.
All interested individuals must send their cover letter, resume and a copy of your transcript to Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: Marketing Lead, Customer Solutions
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Recruitment and Promotion Policy: When filling vacant positions, we are determined to hire the best candidates available. We’re committed to providing employees with a fair and equal opportunity to compete for jobs. Hiring and promotion of employees is based on skills, capabilities, knowledge and demonstrated abilities.
We value diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage applications from all qualified candidates including African Nova Scotians and other members of the visible minority community, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, and women in non-traditional roles.
Normally, unless otherwise requested in advance, the supervisors of internal candidates selected for an interview will be contacted in order to facilitate scheduling of the interviews. The supervisor will maintain the confidentiality of the employee’s application.