Position: Student Intern (2 possible areas: Marketing or Administration)
Reporting To: Head of Student Affairs, Canadian Coast Guard College
Location: Canadian Coast Guard College, 1190 Westmount Road, Sydney, NS
Term: May – August (approximately 16 weeks)
The Canadian Coast Guard College (CCGC) is a world leader in the field of maritime studies and the national training centre for the Canadian Coast Guard. A key program is the Canadian Coast Guard Officer Training Program. This is a four-year training program and is considered one of the best marine training programs in the world, producing both Marine Engineering Officers and Marine Navigation Officers.
The CCGC has a unique opportunity for marketing and administrative interns to assist with the marketing and promotion of the College as well as the administrative support to the Student Affairs Department.
The CCGC has an exciting opportunity for an administrative intern to assist with various program support functions of the College. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with an interest in the development and support of administrative processes. This will be a valuable work experience opportunity to enhance a number of business related skills and to develop an understanding and build experience working within the public sector.
- Students must be enrolled in a Bachelor of Business Administration Co-op program.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of the Canadian Coast Guard College
- Knowledge of marketing, promotion and event planning (Marketing Intern Only)
- Ability to communicate verbally
- Ability to communicate in writing (cover letter will be used to assess this qualification)
- Personal Suit abilities:
- Previous Government work experience
- Ability to communicate in French would be an asset.
- Assist in the development, editing and dissemination of documents, schedules and policies.
- Assist in the management of student academic records and files.
- Review and compile data as required for program planning and design.
- Provide various administrative duties that support the design and development of programs and services.
To apply, please submit a résumé and detailed cover letter to Jennifer Currie, Student Placement Officer, Jennifer_currie@cbu.ca, by close of business February 23, 2018.
Candidates must submit a résumé and a cover letter clearly demonstrating in their cover letter how they meet the essential and asset qualifications. Cover letters must address each of the qualification listed in this job opportunity and candidates should identify what position(s) for which they would like to be considered. Résumés may be used as a secondary source to validate the experience described in the cover letter.
An interview will be conducted.
The successful candidate must have or be able to obtain Reliability Security Clearance before starting employment with the Canadian Coast Guard College.