As an accounting student, you will provide accounting support for the Business Services function within the Sarnia refining operations.
The Business Services department is responsible for the accounting, reporting and business controls for Sarnia and works closely with Sarnia’s refining and chemicals businesses and with corporate management. Working in a team environment, the assignment will include short-term projects with specific objectives and deliverables for completion during and by the end of the work term. The short-term assignments will allow you to develop your capabilities within project accounting, cost analysis and reporting, and business internal controls. Your assignment will be accounting-oriented and will correspond with your skills, experience and interests.
- 2nd year completion of a Business Administration – Accounting college diploma program
- To be considered for employment, your most recent unofficial transcript(s) must be submitted with your application.
- Secondary School diploma or equivalency is required.
- Microsoft Excel skills would be an asset
Start date: May 2018
Work term: 4 months (May – August 2018)
Location: Sarnia, ON
Your responsibilities could include:
- Support the analysis of costs in a project accounting environment
- Executing control checks on a large volume of truck receipts comparing loaded quantities to received quantities and identify trends, recording production receipts for Chemicals business units
- Verifying Bills of Lading against recorded quantities to ensure accurate and timely sales
- Assisting the Controller’s team and the business with improvements to the fixed asset verification process
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities
- Performing variance analysis and account reconciliations
To see if you qualify for CBU’s Co-operative Education program, send cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Currie: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will gain a basic understanding of the accounting activities and business controls that are required to support a petroleum product manufacturing facility. You will receive a broad exposure to PC, Mainframe and LAN based computer applications.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner.
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility to work in Canada
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Proof of eligibility must be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence or work permit (for additional information, see www.imperialoil.ca/en-ca/careers/working-with-us/term-employment-eligibility). Document must be current and valid (not expired, cancelled or voided). Work permit must be valid for the duration of the term. Proof of eligibility is required if an offer is made. Failure to provide the appropriate documentation within a reasonable timeframe (generally 6 weeks prior to your start date) may result in the offer being rescinded or a delay in your start date.
Application deadline: February 4, 2018
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals.
In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.
Job Segment: Accounting, Tax, Mainframe, Network, Finance, Technology