We are excited to offer a student placement in our Fleet Maintenance Department, which is located in Pickering, Ontario, approximately 40 kilometres East from Toronto, Ontario.
NOTE: All students applying for student positions at OPG must be returning to full-time studies upon completion of their work term. Exceptions will be made for students who require a work term in order to graduate. You will be required to show an OPG hiring manager your transcript, should you be invited to an interview.
You may have the opportunity to assist in the support, development and implementation of our Work Program.
Preference may be given to the candidate who has the following skills and qualification:
- Strong organization and research skills
- Computer/database/spreadsheet knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated presentation, training and/or teaching experience
- Advanced writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Basic project management skills
This placement may involve some travel. A valid “G2” driver’s license is required. Ready access to a vehicle would be an asset.
As the successful candidate, you may have the opportunity to assist in a variety of work assignments which may include:
- Assisting with developing and organizing training lesson plans, course material, overheads and checkouts for courses
- Assisting with the revision of training materials, training program self-assessments and the implementation of new programs
- Developing computer-assisted learning courses
- Assisting with the preparation of department metrics and quarterly meeting preparations
- Providing administrative assistance for control of QA records material
This job will provide you with the following professional development:
- Presenting material
- Knowledge of Systematic Approach to Training and the application of it in the classroom
- Communication Skills
- Corporate Experience and working with different stakeholders
- Exposure to Nuclear training requirements within your field of study
We are searching for an enthusiastic Instrumentation & Control or Mechanical Engineering Technologist student who has completed a minimum of 2 year(s) and will be returning to university or college (full time) upon completion of this work term or requires one final work term to graduate.
We hire dozens of students each term, and we work hard to keep them challenged and provide learning opportunities. In fact, many of our students return for a second term because the OPG experience is so valuable. So tell us what areas you’re interested in and we’ll tell you what you can accomplish in the months you’re with us, while you enjoy networking with your peers in a flex-time and business-casual work environment!
If you are ready to be challenged, please apply on-line only at www.mypowercareer.com, no later than midnight, May 30, 2017.
If your school requires a separate application through their own process, you are still required to apply at our staffing website http://www.mypowercareer.com. OPG will only consider applications submitted to our website.
OPG sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In the event you are invited for an interview, please note you will be required to provide transcripts. If you receive an interview, please notify the hiring manager of any accommodations you may require for the selection process.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
OPG supports the principles and practices of diversity.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the Ontario Power Generation’s Accessibility Standard, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known by contacting us in advance.
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org.