French & English
Positions available at:
- Tim Horton Memorial Camp – Parry Sound, ON
- Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell – Whiteshell, MB
- Camp des Voyageurs Tim Horton – Quyon, QC
- Tim Horton Onondaga Farms – St George, ON
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Bilingual in French and English (an asset)
- Demonstrated experience in planning and confidently executing wilderness hiking trips
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Wilderness First Responder Certification – an asset
- Wilderness Water Safety Certification or Bronze Cross/NLS – an asset
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Skilled in behaviour management and problem solving
- Clear criminal background check
- Ability to live on-site/on-trip for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
- Delivering quality, youth-focused programming through leading multi-day wilderness hiking trips
- Ensuring proper equipment instruction and safety of staff and campers at all times
- Assessing risk and implementing the Foundation’s safety standards and procedures
- Support packing and preparation for trips
- Reporting concerns or incidents related to camper and staff wellness, as well as equipment maintenance
- Completing daily trip logs and related forms, as well as incident/accident reports as necessary
- Being a role model for campers to look up to during the camp session and beyond
- Providing leadership and guidance to other staff, modeling inclusivity and mentorship
Contract dates from May 29, 2017 – September 1, 2017
JOIN OUR TEAM TO…
- Be involved in inspiring young people to discover their potential
- Work alongside liked-minded change makers
- Work in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Participate in extensive training opportunities
- Have your accommodations and meals provided
Applicants interested in the Tim Horton Memorial Camp can forward their resumes to Megan Castrucci, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in the Tim Horton Camp Whiteshell can forward their resumes to Elijah Sherk, Program Manager at email@example.com.
Applicants interested in Camp des Voyageurs Tim Horton can forward their resumes to Keith Dupuis-Strong, Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants interested in Tim Horton Onondaga Farms can forward their resumes to Justin Dubreuil, Program Manager at Justin.email@example.com.
To learn more about the Co-op Option in your program, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer by email: firstname.lastname@example.org