The Island Food Network is a Cape Breton-wide umbrella organization for food action. We envision a healthful, inclusive, just and resilient food system that serves as a lever for transformation and growth. We support food initiatives, cultivate food knowledge, connect food leaders and advocate for food systems change.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of communications planning. Experience with Hootsuite (along with FaceBook, Instagram, and Twitter), Mailchimp, WordPress and In Design (or similar design software) is desirable. An ability to work independently as well as an interest in the local food movement are also helpful.
The Island Food Network Steering Committee is looking for a student to support the IFN in creating & delivering an effective communication plan.
This volunteer role will require a commitment of 15-20 hours per week, but these hours may be flexible. Responsibilities include:
• Working with a small team on strategic communications planning
• Streamlining key messages
• Designing content for social media and traditional media
• Supporting design and distribution of newsletter
• Adding content to website (asset map, news, etc.)
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com