Summer Students- Beginning May 7 – August 31, 2018
By working to keep Nova Scotians safe, healthy, and on the job, and supporting them when their lives are impacted by workplace injury, WCB Nova Scotia (WCB) is contributing to a safer, stronger province. We provide workplace injury insurance to 18,800 employers and approximately 300,000 workers across the province. The WCB is consistently recognized as a top employer in Atlantic Canada and Nova Scotia, and has been honoured nationally as a Top 100 Employer and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
The successful Summer Student candidate must:
- Have or be completing the first year of a post-secondary program and be returning to school in the fall full-time (those contacted for an interview will be asked to provide confirmation of enrolment in a minimum of three courses for the Fall 2018 semester);
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Possess strong keyboarding skills and the ability to use computer software/applications and other office technology;
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy; Have the ability to work independently and as part of a team; Demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
- Previous general office, data entry and/or administrative experience is an asset.
About the Role
The WCB is seeking general office and administrative support to join various teams throughout the organization on a summer term basis. The term runs from May 7- August 31, 2018, for a period of 17 weeks. Summer Students are responsible for general office administration including reception, handling inquires, data entry and supporting projects and initiatives. Opportunities may be available within our Prevention and Service Delivery Teams, as well as our Corporate Departments, such as: Information Technology Services, Financial Services, Human Resources, Communications and Marketing, etc. If you have specific skills, education and experience in any of these areas, a summer student term within our organization could be the ideal opportunity for you.
As safety champions, all WCB employees are responsible for following safe work procedures, using personal protective and safety equipment as required, knowing and complying with all regulations, reporting any illness or injury immediately to their manager, reporting unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and cooperating with occupational health and safety initiatives. We are a scent-reduced environment.
WCB Nova Scotia champions safety and promotes a diverse and respectful workplace.
We offer a competitive hourly rate of $14.13.
Please email your resume and cover letter as one document with your name and the job title in the document title (Microsoft Word format) to email@example.com by 4 pm, March 7, 2018. In the subject line of your email, please quote competition number: JV 12-18-EXT Summer Students.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
The WCB is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting and developing our employees. Visit our website at www.wcb.ns.ca