The Town of Riverview: Program Coordinators and Assistants
The Town of Riverview is home to more than 19,000 citizens. With numerous development projects underway, New Brunswick’s largest town is expected to grow as more people choose to live and work in Riverview.
It is now seeking applicants for the summer student position of Program Coordinators and Assistants with the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Relations. Program Coordinators are responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, implementing, and evaluating all activities related to their programs. Assistants play a key support role for Coordinators.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education and/or returning in the fall.*
- Proof of valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Proven leadership through work experience, volunteering, membership in organizations, etc.
- Ability to effectively work with seniors, youth, and children of various ages and needs/abilities.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work with the public.
- Current NB Driver’s Abstract meeting Town’s expectations.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening meeting Town’s expectations.
- Proof of Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certification must be provided at least two weeks prior to the position start date.
- For positions involving work with children, certification in HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development, an asset.
- Organize and facilitate activities, accompany participants on outings, and encourage active participation.
- Market the programs/activities/events; design and facilitate presentations.
- Offer creative and unique ideas for activities/events and outings that will engage participants.
- Organize and operate programs within an established budget.
Camps Coordinator– Coordinates summer day camp programming for children ages 5-12 years and supervises the Day Camp Counselors, Adventure Counselors and Arts and Crafts Instructor. Minimum of one (1) summer work experience in Riverview Parks, Recreation and Community Relations programs.
Play Coordinator- Coordinates the Playgrounds/Inclusive programming for children ages 5-12 years with diverse needs/abilities. This position will supervise the Discovery Counselors, Playground Sun crew Leaders, and Playschool Leaders. Minimum of one (1) summer work experience in Riverview Parks, Recreation and Community Relations programs.
Playground/Camps Assistant– Assists the summer Play Coordinator and Camps Coordinator with the day to day planning and supervision of all summer programs for children age 5-12 years. Responsible for planning, organizing, scheduling, implementing and evaluating all summer Friday special events. Minimum of one (1) summer work experience in Riverview Parks, Recreation and Community Relations programs.
Seniors’ Coordinator- Coordinates activities, programs, and services for senior adults over the duration of the summer.
Junior Leadership Coordinator– Coordinates the Junior Leadership Program involving volunteer opportunities, activities, events, trips, and seminars specifically designed for youth ages 13 to 15 years. This position will supervise the Junior Leader Assistants. Minimum of one (1) summer work experience in Riverview Parks, Recreation and Community Relations programs.
Community Events Coordinator– Coordinates and implements summer community events and supervises the Community Events Assistants.
Teen Adventure Coordinator– Coordinates co-ed activities and trips for adolescents ages 12 to 16 years and supervises the Teen Adventure Assistant.
Teen Adventure Assistant – Assists the Teen Adventure Coordinator with the planning and organizing of a complete schedule of activities, events, and outings/trips for co-ed adolescents’ ages 12-16 years.
Community Events Assistant – Assists the Community Events Coordinator with planning, organizing, implementing, and promoting community events throughout the summer.
Junior Leader Assistant– Assists the Junior Leadership Coordinator with planning and organizing of volunteer activities, events, trips, and seminars for the Junior Leadership Program.
Department of Human Resources
30 Honour House Court
Riverview, NB E1B 3Y9
Application forms are found in the employment section of www.townofriverview.ca.
* All post-secondary applicants who are currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2017 are required to complete a SEED application form. Information on the SEED program is available at www.nbjobs.ca.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.