The Town of Riverview: General Programs
The Town of Riverview is home to more than 19,000 citizens. With numerous development projects underway, New Brunswick’s largest town is expected to grow as more people choose to live and work in Riverview.
General Program summer students staff will work in teams to plan, organize, and lead a variety of themed recreational and leisure activities involving arts and crafts, games, sports, swimming, outdoor adventure, and special events related to their particular program.
- Currently enrolled in secondary or post-secondary education and/or enrolled in the fall.*
- Demonstrated leadership through work experience, volunteer positions, membership in organizations, etc.
- Ability to effectively work with youth and children of various ages and needs/abilities.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work with the public.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Proof of valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver’s License and a current NB Driver’s Abstract meeting Town’s expectations for the position of Arts and Crafts Instructor.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening meeting Town’s expectations.
- Proof of Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certification must be provided at least two weeks prior to the position start date.
- Certification in HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development, an asset.
- Offer creative and unique ideas to enhance the program.
- Supervise, instruct, and accompany program participants throughout all activities and outings.
- Responsible for the safety and security of program participants.
Adventure Counselor – Lead daily sports/activity themed camps as well as outdoor adventure themed camps specifically designed for children ages 5-12 years.
Arts and Crafts Instructor– Lead a complete schedule of themed arts and crafts for all summer programs designed for all ages, from preschool children to senior adults.
Day Camp Counselor– Lead a variety of themed activities specifically designed for children ages 5–12 years.
Playground Sun crew Leader– Lead a variety of themed activities specifically designed for children ages 5–12 years at various playgrounds within the Town of Riverview.
Discovery Counselor– Lead a variety of themed activities specifically designed for children with special needs.
Department of Human Resources
30 Honour House Court
Riverview, NB E1B 3Y9
Application forms are found in the employment section of www.townofriverview.ca.
* All post-secondary applicants who are currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2017 are required to complete a SEED application form. Information on the SEED program is available at www.nbjobs.ca.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.