The Town of Riverview: Visitor Information Centre (VIC)
The Town of Riverview is home to more than 19,000 citizens. With numerous development projects underway, New Brunswick’s largest town is expected to grow as more people choose to live and work in Riverview.
It is now seeking applicants for the summer student position of Visitor Information Centre (VIC) Counsellor with the Department of Economic Development at the Fundy Chocolate River Station Visitor Information Centre.
- Bilingual in both official languages.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education and returning in the fall.*
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet including the Tourism New Brunswick website and the New Brunswick Travel Guide.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently independently.
- Certification in Workplace CPR/First Aid, an asset.
- Act as Town representatives, greet/welcome tourists.
- Provide visitors with general tourism information about the Riverview and South Eastern New Brunswick region such as local history, attractions, weather conditions, driving directions, and other requested information.
- Maintain an inventory of brochures and records statistics on visitors.
Department of Human Resources
30 Honour House Court
Riverview, NB E1B 3Y9
Application forms are found in the employment section of www.townofriverview.ca.
* All post-secondary applicants who are currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2017 are required to complete a SEED application form. Information on the SEED program is available at www.nbjobs.ca.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.