The Town of Riverview: Community Active Living Coordinator
The Town of Riverview is home to more than 19,000 citizens. With numerous development projects underway, New Brunswick’s largest town is expected to grow as more people choose to live and work in Riverview.
It is now seeking applicants for the summer student position of Community Active Living Coordinator with the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Relations.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education and/or returning in the fall.*
- Proof of valid New Brunswick Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
- Proven leadership and supervisory roles through work experience, volunteer positions, membership in organizations, etc.
- Experience using multimedia including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, and social media.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively work with the public.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with Town of Riverview policies, procedures, rules and regulations, an asset.
- Current NB Driver’s Abstract meeting Town’s expectations.
- Current Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening meeting Town’s expectations.
- Proof of Workplace First Aid and CPR/AED certification must be provided at least two weeks prior to the position start date.
- Coordinate educational and promotional programs, events, and initiatives focusing on active transportation and community gardening.
- Assist in the preparation and development of the community garden infrastructure, garden plot layout.
- Lead a community garden volunteer committee.
- Develop community educational programming for the Town’s active transportation plan.
Department of Human Resources
30 Honour House Court
Riverview, NB E1B 3Y9
Application forms are found in the employment section of www.townofriverview.ca.
* All post-secondary applicants who are currently enrolled in and returning to a post-secondary institution in the fall of 2017 are required to complete a SEED application form. Information on the SEED program is available at www.nbjobs.ca.
Deadline for application is January 31, 2017.