POSITION: Summer Conference Staff – 2018
REPORTING TO: Residence Manager
Term: May 2018 – August 2018
Summer Conference staff members are responsible for all areas involved in running a summer conference service.
- Academic proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency handling cash and using a cash register
- Experience working in the field of tourism or hospitality is preferable
- Evidence of ability to relate well with peers and an acceptable level of maturity
- Personal awareness of the skills and attributes required for the position
- Must be able to work shift work
- Summer Conference Staff will not be permitted to accept other employment without the written approval of the Residence Manager.
- Summer Conference staff members are required to have a telephone.
- Students must be a student in good standing at CBU.
There are many duties associated with the summer conference positions. These include:
- providing appropriate level of discipline in Residence with the guests so that the rights and needs of all students/guests are respected;
- handling cash and other duties related to financial transactions;
- working the front desk and associated duties, e.g. greeting guests, signing in guests, assigning guests to rooms;
- preparing rooms, e.g. making beds, general cleaning, gathering dirty linens, and replacing dirty linens with clean linens;
- working closely with the Residence Manager and Residence Coordinator;
- working numerous days, evenings, late nights and weekends;
- responsible for being friendly to all guests, being to work on time and for working in an efficient manner; and
- other related duties as required.
Applications must be received by the
Human Resources Department (CE329)
no later than 4 p.m. Friday, 9 March 2018
Human Resources Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are required to supply one letter of recommendation from a person in a position to assess the applicant’s suitability for the job (not a fellow student or coach). Letters of recommendation should be forwarded directly to Doug Connors, Residence Manager. Letters of recommendation may be forwarded by:
Internal mail: Harriss Hall Residence; or
Mailed to: Harriss Hall, 136 University Blvd, Sydney, NS B1M 1A2; or Emailed to: email@example.com
In addition to a resume, applicants are required to submit an articulate statement (approximately one typewritten page) of what it is, in particular, that makes them a good candidate for the job. Do not hesitate to mention any other personal information that is relevant in illustrating potential effectiveness as a Summer Conference Staff member. The ability to follow instruction is a must. This statement, the letter of recommendation and the resume are the basis for determining which applicants will be interviewed.
- Letter of Recommendation
- One page (approx) letter of suitability
- If possible, an email address
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.