The CBU Library is the primary academic information resource for Cape Breton University. The Library promotes learning, supports teaching, and enhances scholarly, research and creative activities by building collections and providing expert services and innovative access to information.
Reporting to the Manager, Access Services the Student Security is to assist with routine library operations and ensure the safety of students and visitors to the Library.
The Student Security will work primarily evening and weekend shifts during the regular academic year (September – April). When operations necessitate, the work schedule may be changed as determined by the Manager, Access Services.
• Ability to perform routine tasks and operate simple equipment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Effective oral and written communication and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with others in a team environment
• Visual and mental concentration
• Customer service skills.
• Ability to understand basic oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Take hourly counts of the students in the Library (upstairs and down)
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
• Adhere to a schedule by being dependable and responsible
• Availability to work nights and weekends
• Adhere to library policy and procedure
• Assisting with closing procedures when Circulation Services end
• Assisting with closing procedures when the Library closes
• Assist in special projects.
• Assist patrons in events of emergency.
• Provide directions in a professional manner.
Student Assistants must maintain confidentiality and maintain current awareness of University policies and campus events.
CBU invites applications for Student Security positions to commence immediately following selection.
Qualified candidates should send via email in PDF format:
– Cover letter
– Resume; and complete contact information of three references (work related preferred).
– Class schedule
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. September 15, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please specify the job position you are applying and email applications to: email@example.com