The Sydney Airport Authority is a not-for-profit society that serves the community by providing the facilities to support air transportation for Cape Breton Island.
- The student would preferably be bilingual and enrolled in a Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce degree (or similar diploma program), Public Relations program, or a tourism-related program.
- They should have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet applications.
- The student should be reliable, diligent, demonstrate a positive and professional attitude, be comfortable approaching passengers and have good written and oral communication skills.
- The student will work under the supervision of the Manager of Finance and Administration.
- The Student Marketing & Research Assistant position provides a student with the opportunity to gain experience in the area of marketing and marketing research.
- He/she will work with community organizations to gather and maintain the inventory of marketing material and will be expected to become familiar with attractions, events and activities on Cape Breton Island.
- He/she will be stationed at the Visitor Information kiosk in the main terminal and be available to answer questions and provide travelers with information about the island.
- In addition to meeting and greeting passengers, he/she will design and distribute a passenger survey, compile and analyze the survey results and produce the final report.
- Other business and office administration duties are included in this position.
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those selected for an interview will be required to provide references and proof that they will be attending a recognized university or college for the September, 2017 school year.
Grade Twelve students who are attending university or college in September 2017 may apply but must be available for work starting June 26th, 2017.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Hourly Rate: $12.50 per hour
Employment Dates: June 26 – August 18, 2017
Hours: Will vary throughout the term
Location: Sydney Airport,
280 Silver Dart Way
Sydney, Nova Scotia B1M 1B8
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.