ALL CBU STUDENTS – Student Disability Support Summer Employment Coordinator, CBU



The Jennifer Keeping Centre (JKC) provides a range of services to support students with disabilities. The Student Summer Employment Coordinator will provide students with disabilities increased opportunities for summer employment. People with disabilities experience a much higher rate of unemployment than those without disabilities. The energetic and outgoing coordinator will help students with disabilities acquire summer employment to increase their chances of finding meaningful employment after graduation.


  • Valid drivers license
  • Access to a reliable vehicle during work hours
  • Applicant must be registered with the Jennifer Keeping Centre as a person with a disability
  • Must be a returning student of CBU or must have completed studies in the 2017/2018 school year
  • Excellent organizational skills
  • Proficient in using MSWord, Excel and Outlook (email)
  • Ability to work with minimal supervision
  • Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate working with potential student employers


The Student Summer Employment Coordinator will:

  • Find employers who are open to hiring JKC sponsored students
  • Liaise with Student Placement Officers who may have contacts who will take part in the program
  • Collect resumes from students
  • Match employers needs to student resumes
  • Submit applications or resumes to employer
  • Maintain statistics for the program
  • Collect information from the employers facilitating payment for the subsidy
  • Conduct site visits and help resolve any issues that may arise

Application Details

Start Date:  April 30 and runs for 18 Weeks

Hours:  35 Hours Per Week

To apply please send resume and cover letter by April 20, 2018 to:

Jacqueline Côté
Student Development Officer – Disability Support

IMPORTANT INFORAMTION:  Applicants must be registered with the Jennifer Keeping Centre as a person with a disability.  “Applicants must be from Nova Scotia and willing to register with student assistance”