- Language: English is essential. Both English and French is an asset. Other languages are also assets.
- Ability to work with the public in a cheerful, courteous and sincere way.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and work to fulfill the needs and expectations of the visitor or client.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to offer personalized service that encourages unique, engaging experiences
- Ability to market and promote programs and events
- Comfortable speaking to groups
- Coordinate events or groups
- Work with tight timelines
- Be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Work with minimal supervisor
To be eligible, you must be:
- a full-time secondary or post-secondary student in an accredited institution.
- currently recognized as having full-time student status by the academic institution in which you are presently enrolled
- returning to full-time studies in the next academic term
- Assist in the coordination and execution of special events throughout the season
- Assist in the promotion and sales of event tickets
- Perform hosting duties
- Assist with event setup and break down
- Provide assistance to outside parties involved with events
- Perform other related work as required
To apply for this position please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to Donnie Wadman: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Special Events Assistant is a 10 week term from June 24 – September 1.
Both positions are $12.00 per hour and are 35 hours per week.