The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking a Social Media Coordinator starting the summer of 2018 to December 2018. The successful candidate is to attend all Students’ Union related-events and produce creative digital media content, promote events, and market past events.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in Bylaw 1.01 and registered CBU student no later than September 30, 2018
- Must have background in photography/videography
- Must be familiar with various social media platforms
- Must be able to work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Must be proficient in computer applications such as; Photoshop, In Design, I-movie, etc.
- Must have strong background in digital video editing
- Must be willing to attend all Students’ Union related-events
- Creativity is a must
- Having own equipment will be considered an asset
- Take videos/photos at all events and use materials to create digital content for the Students’ Union’s social media platforms
- Use collected material to develop promotional items in conjunction with the Vice President Promotions.
- Distribute print material around campus on Students’ Union bulletin boards
- Work with the VP Promotions to promote all upcoming events.
- Build awareness of Students’ Union Centres and Services by creating promotional videos
- Assist with social media advertising under the direction of the VP Promotions
- Market past SU events to build on the Students’ Union brand.
- Submit a monthly report to the General Manager
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Executive Committee, and/or the General Manager.
Number of Positions: 1
Competition Number: SMC-0316
Employer: CBU Students’ Union
Closing Date: March 16, 2018
Reporting To: General Manager
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting SMC-0316 no later than 4:00PM on March 16, 2018. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org using the information at the bottom of this posting. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.