Now interviewing for May 2018
Built by dreamers, for dreamers.
Located on over a mile of sandy beach along the coast of Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Cabot Links is
Canada’s first and only authentic links golf resort. Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the
picturesque town of Inverness, the Cabot Links course represents a dramatic departure from the typical
golf excursion. The Cabot Cliffs course, designed by the decorated team of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw,
is the newest addition to Cabot. Exquisitely carved out of the breathtaking Cape Breton landscape, with
postcard-worthy panoramas vying for your attention, and every hole calling out to the sea, Cabot Links
is where traditional links land golf comes to life against the spectacular Nova Scotia landscape.
With both courses ranked in the Golf Digest World Top 100 Courses, a career with Cabot Links presents
the opportunity to be involved in an emerging world-class golf and leisure destination.
- Previous experience in a Security role required
- Certification in CPR First Aid required
- Defibrillator training
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Cabot Links is looking to recruit a talented Security Officer. Your attentiveness, efficiency and
commitment will ensure that the resort remains a safe, enjoyable workplace and travel destination for
our staff and guests.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Ensure the overall safety and security of resort guests, colleagues and premises
- Conduct regular foot patrols of pre-determined locations on resort property including; Cliffs,
Halfway Hut, Downstreet Coffee Company, etc.
- Check in with Night Auditor during shift
- Assist with general maintenance duties
- Assist with guest lock outs, battery failures and opening of room safes
- Monitor utilities and equipment; including adjusting thermostats, septic controls, softeners,
boilers, sprinters, propane, etc.
- Act as a member of the Emergency Response Team, responding in cases of fire, accident, safety
concerns, calls for medical assistance and evacuations if necessary
- Ensure that any violations to law or resort policy is investigated and reported• Respond to all emergency situations and provide First Aid and C.P.R. as required
- Correct and report any fire hazards or health and safety hazards
- Report and investigate occurrences of accidents, complaints, criminal activity, and crisis
- Daily key audit
- Participate in regular Occupational Health and Safety committee meetings
- Maintain records of all actions in a Daily Activity Report
- Maintain supplies in all First Aid Kits throughout the property
- Assist guests regarding resort facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety policies
- Other duties as assigned by management
Should this exciting opportunity interest you, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Department