A research assistant is needed to work on a mapping project related to housing and neighbourhoods in the CBRM. This position is open to undergraduate and graduate students.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Experience using SPSS (or another statistical software package)
- Data management skills and experience working with databases, including data cleaning and data entry
- Familiarity with ESRI’s ArcGIS Online; Insights; and Community Analyst would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Provide data-related assistance (data entry, cleaning)
- Prepare GIS ready data
- Help with data analysis
- Other tasks as required
This position begins immediately. Over the summer of 2018, it will involve approximately 35 hours of work/week, and then in the fall and spring, it will involve approximately 10 hours of work/week. There is some flexibility with hours worked in order to accommodate students taking summer classes or students available for one semester only (such as only the summer, or only the summer and fall); please outline any conflicts in your cover letter.
Pay will be commensurate with the successful candidate’s academic year. (For a CBU master’s student, this amount is $18.00.) Applications are due Friday, June 8th, 2018 at midnight and can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your application, please include your CV and a short cover letter highlighting your relevant qualifications and experience. Please put “job application” in the subject line and merge all files so that only one attachment is included.
Only students are eligible to apply, and only those selected for an interview will be contacted.