The BGCCB, Whitney Pier Youth Club has an immediate opening for the following position:
Youth Workers, Part Time (20hrs/Week)
Part time Youth Workers assist full time staff deliver programs and services and are under the direct supervision of the Executive Director. The Youth Worker helps develop, organize, implement and oversee the day-to-day youth programming of the organization to meet the organizational goals and objectives.
Education and Experience
– University Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education, Bachelor of Arts – Community Studies, Human Services, Youth Worker or related field OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Understanding of population, health promotion and developmental stages.
– Experience in child and youth programming and community development.
– Previous experience working with youth, families and the community.
– A working knowledge of government and community-based programs and services that relate to the intended populations needs.
– Knowledge of applicable Child Welfare legislation
– Current certification or willingness to become certified in safe food handling, WHMIS, Emergency First Aid and Infant/Child CPR
This position requires:
– The ability to function both independently and collaboratively
– The ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule including occasional evenings and weekends.
– A satisfactory Child Abuse Registry check and Police Check.
– Access to reliable transportation and /or Class 2 license.
Salary to be negotiated
For application details please contact:
Student Placement Officer
Cape Breton University