- Excellent organizational abilities;
- The ability to manage multiple tasks at once;
- The ability to work well under pressure;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- The ability to negotiate with suppliers and contractors;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to coordinate with various agencies;
- Responsible for the oversight and direction of the Festival and its staff.
- Event management and demonstrated managerial/leadership experience are extremely important for this role.
- The Festival Director works closely with the Board of Directors to execute their vision for the Bartown Festival.
- The Festival Director also coordinates with various agencies including the Regional Municipality, Alcohol and Gaming, emergency services, and others to ensure the successful execution of the Festival, as well as for the health and safety of the public.
- Additionally, the Festival Director will work closely with Festival sponsors to ensure proper cross-promotion.
Reporting to: Board of Directors
- Working closely within a small team in an office environment;
- Supervising contractors, staff and volunteers;
- Dealing with problems as they arise;
- Ensuring tasks are delivered on time and on budget;
- Conducting risk assessments and ensuring health and safety guidelines are followed;
- Oversight of the PR and marketing for the Festival;
- Event planning;
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull: email@example.com
To Apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to Bill Weatherbee before May 8, 2017.