Our store internship program was designed to provide you with a comprehensive learning experience. During your internship, you will gain practical business-to-business and retail experience working in a paint store servicing painters, contractors, and do-it-yourself customers.
Interns who successfully complete the program and want to apply to our Management/Sales Training Program will have an advantage over other applicants.
- Students enrolled in an accredited 4-year Bachelor’s degree program with completion of either 2nd or 3rd year at the start of the Internship (based on location);
- Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status;
- General Business, Management, Marketing, Sales, Finance, or students with a related major are preferred;
- Prior work experience in sales or customer service is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, a great work ethic, and an interest to work in an active, ‘roll-up-your sleeves’ environment are essential.
You will be exposed to the following:
- Sales – making product recommendations and servicing retail and wholesale customers
- Customer Relations – customer account management, product ordering, custom color matching
- Marketing/Merchandising – learning the plan-o-gram and pricing systems
- Product Knowledge – paints, applicators, spray equipment, and associated products
- Inventory Management – rates of sale, stock replenishment, inventory turnover
- Financial Reports – profit and loss statements, analytical reports
- Accounts Receivable – operation of a trial balance, credit terms, and collections
- Operations Management – delivery scheduling, competitive product analysis
- Additionally, you may complete a special project on a relevant business issue.
Summer before 3rd year or final year of university, based on location
This is a PAID internship.
Christina Lebuffe, Canada Division Recruiter
Phone Number: 905-849-2908
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Course and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Jennifer Currie: email@example.com