WINDIGO AVENTURES, the leader in small-group adventure holidays across North America, is on the lookout for an Operations Manager & HR Coordinator. Since 1996, Windigo has been operating adventure tours in Canada and the U.S., including Alaska and Hawaii.
Enjoying the outdoors is our primes focus, exploring the North American countryside through adventurous activities, as well as partaking in cultural visits, wildlife observation, and culinary experiences. Enjoy various activities such as hiking, cycling, canoeing, sea kayaking, skiing, snowmobiling, dog sledding, and more. For more than 20 years, Windigo has offered outdoor adventures to an international clientele, from 5 star luxury hotel tours to exciting camping trips.
Join a young and dynamic team in a great work environment. Report directly to the Operations Director and Managing Director, the Operations manager is responsible for general adventure tour logistics and tour leader HR.
- Essential – Minimum of three years in the tourism industry (in the adventure business would be preferable)
- Essential – North American tourism destination specialist.
- Essential – Possess a great attention to detail, be a logistics guru, a born planner.
- Must have experience in travel operations.
- Perfect written and spoken Bilingual English and French. Other languages such as German and Dutch are a plus
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office : Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Active on social media
- Can work under pressure, able to work long hours during peak season
- No time off from May to October, peak season
- Good writing skills
The Operations Manager’s responsibilities include:
– Write and publish tour leader job postings
– Meet, interview and hire tour leaders for seasonal and year round positions
– Manage the tour leader schedule, work contracts and overall employee management
– Plan and manage the tour leader schedule
– Assist in tour leader training
– Create, write-up and manage all the necessary tour documents
– Troubleshooting when situations arrive
– Logistics guru
– Admin work in peak season
-Experience operating cycling tours an important asset
PLEASE SEND CV VIA EMAIL TO: Josiane Bureau / email@example.com
***If you do not have experience in the Tourism industry, please do not apply for this job***