The CBU Students’ Union is currently seeking an individual to fill the student position of Multicultural Hub Coordinator. This position is designed to create a sense of inclusivity on campus with our diverse student population. Creating events specifically to enhance student life for both our International students and domestic students. This position will begin in early September and conclude on March 31, 2018.
- Must be a member of the CBU Students’ Union as outlined in By-law 1.01 and registered CBU student prior to September 30, 2018
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to work within a budget
- Excellent organization skills
- Creativity and event planning an asset
- Open and maintain a constant dialogue with the International Students’ Society and Aboriginal Student Society Presidents, and keep the SU Executive up-to-date on society activities
- Liaise with the CBU International Student Advisors and Unama’ki College Staff
- Identify and report on any issues affecting diversity.
- Organize events in conjunction with the VP Promotions. Such events could include, Black History Month, Open Houses, Gaming Nights, International Coffee Houses, Treaty Day, etc.
- Enhance cultural diversity and involvement on-campus.
- Create a warm and inclusive atmosphere within the Multicultural Hub
- Submit a monthly report of activities to the General Manager
- Other duties assigned by President and/or Executive Committee
Number of Positions: 1
Competition Number: MHC-0316
Employer: CBU Students’ Union
Closing Date: March 16, 2018
Reporting To: General Manager
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume quoting MHC-0316 no later than 4:00PM on March 16, 2018. Applications may be sent to the attention of Dawn MacDougall, Executive Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org using the information at the bottom of this posting. Please note that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted. The Students’ Union is an equal opportunities employer.