Whitney Pier Soccer Club
Mini Soccer Program – Co-ordinator
**THIS IS A VOLUNTEER, UNPAID POSITION**
The Whitney Pier Soccer club is a non-for-profit organization that offers a recreational summer soccer program for youth. Located in the Whitney Pier area of Sydney the club has had players from throughout the Cape Breton Municipality. The Club is run by volunteers and we are seeking a volunteer to help co-ordinate our mini soccer program.
The Mini Program consists of approximately 120-150 children in a weekly program that will be held at the Neville Park Soccer field. This year our mini program will be held on Wednesday evenings (U-4: 6-7; U-6: 6-7:15 and U-7: 6-7:30) beginning around June 6, 2018 and running through until August 29, 2018. As well as the Timbit tournament which is tentatively scheduled to take place in July 2018.
The right person would be someone who has:
- a sports background or a keen interest in soccer
- the ability to work independently
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Enjoys working with children
- Mature, reliable and dependable
- First aid
Responsibilities of the co-ordinator would include:
- To work within the Soccer Nova Scotia Matrix to promote skill and player development
- Plan, organize and communicate weekly lesson plans to ensure consistency and progression in player development
- Attend any training that may be provided/available
- Set up & tear down equipment on training day as required with the assistance of the summer grant worker
- Report weekly to the executive (what is working, what isn’t, ideas, etc.)
- To be the “go to” person for coaches and parents and the liaison between them and the executive
- To fill in should another coach be absent
- To attend the weekly scheduled sessions as well as the Timbit Tournament
- To promote fair play and sportsmanship among all players
- Other duties as requested by the executive
Successful person will be required to have a police vulnerability check completed prior to starting.
Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and resume to Heather Campbell, Vice-President Whitney Pier Soccer Club at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Thursday, May 24th, 2018.