Position: Member, Student Judicial Board
Department: Student Affairs
The purpose of the Student Judicial Board (SJB) is to deliberate on cases of minor infractions as related to the Code of Student Conduct for Non-Academic Infractions. The Code’s purpose is to define students’ basic responsibilities as members of the University community, to define inappropriate student conduct, and to provide procedures and sanctions to be invoked and applied if students engage in such unacceptable behaviour.
- have completed at least 1 semester at Cape Breton University
- be in good academic standing
- be responsible, reliable, and punctual
- possess strong written, listening, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- possess strong organizational and decision-making skills
- be respectful of diversity and confidentiality
Available to respond on an as needed basis to meet with other members of the Student Judicial Board to deliberate on cases. The SJB will not be required to meet during university examination periods.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- participate in mandatory training
- deliberate on cases of non-academic infractions as incidents occur
- interact positively with other members of the SJB
- provide verdicts to the Director, Student Affairs along with recommended sanctions
- sign a confidentiality agreement
- Submission of a resume outlining work and volunteer experience
- Include statement of interest in becoming a member of SJB
- Submit to email@example.com by April 6, 2018 4:00pm
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. It is an excellent opportunity for students seeking careers in law, criminal justice, or related careers.