The Department of Athletics at CBU invites applications from CBU students for Mascot positions.
Reporting to the Varsity Athletics & Recreation Coordinator and the Student Life and Community Engagement Coordinator, ideal candidates will have a warm and engaging personality, a professional demeanour and image, be independent, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to multi-task and the ability to work both individually and with a team.
Qualified candidates should send the following documents to Shaun Ranni, Coordinator of Varsity Athletics & Recreation, Department of Athletics:
- a letter of application identifying his/her education and experience as it relates to this position;
- a resume;
- complete contact information of three references
The Mascot is responsible for a wide variety of duties which include:
- Perform as “the CAPER” Mascot at community event events and CBU CAPERS athletic and social events.
- Commit to the assigned scheduled opportunities for “CAPER” to appear at on-campus and off-campus events.
- Manage storage of costume.
- Assist in creating routines for promotional entertainment.
- Commit to appearances at campus and community events to promote school spirit.
- Distribute Cape Breton University promotional items designed to help increase school spirit and attendance at games and events.
- Interact with students/staff/faculty/fans
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. June 30th, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cape Breton University
Department of Athletics
P.O. Box 5300, 1250 Grand Lake Road
Sydney, NS, B1P 6L2