POSITION: Housekeeper / Rooms Attendant
LOCATION: Comfort Inn Sydney. 368 King Road, Sydney, NS. B1S 1A8
JOB TYPE: P/T
EXPECTED START DATE: Immediately
REPORTING TO: General Manager
Westmont Hospitality Group is seeking a Dynamic Part Time Housekeeper to join the team at our Comfort Inn
Sydney, Nova Scotia. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining a clean and appealing guest room according
to policy standards. Reports to the General Manager and works under general instructions to prioritize and
complete assigned tasks
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used by guests visiting the workplace.
- Some heavy lifting required.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Use of cleaning chemicals
- Works mainly weekends
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Change bed linen daily.
- Vacuum carpeting.
- Dust all furniture (picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TVs, dressers).
- Remove fingerprints and smudges (i.e. mirrors, shiny surfaces, windows, etc.)
- Thoroughly clean the bathroom area—wash shower stall, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Adhere to brand standard cleaning requirements.
- Make sure that the standard room set-up is complied with.
- Report all damage found in a room immediately.
- Report all missing items in a room and any personal guest items found in vacant rooms immediately.
- Notify housekeeper of al roll-a-ways or cribs in rooms for pick-up and storage.
- Responsible for pass key and ensuring it is turned in daily.
- Ensuring all “lost and found” items are turned in to General Manager or Front Desk immediately.
- Shut off all lights, TVs, and air conditioners when leaving room.
- Assist General Manager with any additional cleaning chores that may be assigned.
COMPENSATION: Salary is under review and is subject to skills, abilities and qualifications.
PLEASE FORWARD CHRONOLOGICAL RESUME IN CONFIDENCE TO:
Westmont Hospitality Group
E-mail: Interim General Manager Jenai Reaburn at firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNAL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE BEEN IN THEIR CURRENT POSITION FOR ONE (1) YEAR AND THEIR PERFORMANCE
MUST BE IN GOOD STANDING.
WE THANK ALL APPLICANTS, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE APPLICANTS SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.
NO PERSONAL ENQUIRIES PLEASE.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.