To be considered for this position the applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program;
- is between 15 and 30 years of age as of May 31, 2017;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been
- conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and is legally entitled to work in Canada.
- An ideal candidate for this position will be a current student in one of the following fields of academic studies: Art History, Visual Arts, Media Arts, Curatorial Studies, Cultural Studies, Canadian Studies, Architecture and Planning, Arts and Social Sciences, Community Design. We will review applications from all candidates, but are looking for someone who can quickly understand the needs of artists, is an active problem-solver, and can link together project needs with community resources.
The Flotilla Exhibitions Coordinator is primarily responsible for laying the groundwork and developing AARCA’s public programming of the Flotilla program. They will be in contact with all artists involved with Flotilla on a regular basis, and assist the Project Manager (Becka Viau) and the Flotilla Curatorial Committee with all tasks related to insuring artworks, securing sites or presentation, communication with artists, project participants, curators, and partnering organizations. They will assist AARCA in maintaining positive and long-lasting connections within the local community of Charlottetown, PE, while coordinating volunteers for assisting projects, refining and sourcing technical needs for each project, and developing relationships with local businesses and organizations who will play a key role in the success of the Flotilla event. The successful applicant will be a self-motivated individual, with a strong interest in artist-run culture.
Their position will be responsible for completing the following tasks:
- coordinating communication between the Flotilla Team and the greater public.
- Contacting and maintaining healthy communications with site owners, landlords, municipal officials and property managers to ensure sites are secured for Flotilla related projects and events.
- seeking appropriate sites for all projects related to Flotilla and communicating site options to participating artists.
- assist with AARCA’s outreach activities within Charlottetown, PE and reporting to the AARCA President.
- help coordinate volunteers and logistics around exhibitions.
- knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint required. Familiarity with social media
- platforms, database software, and/or photography considered assets.
- bilingualism is an asset but not a requirement.
Job Title: Flotilla Exhibitions Coordinator
Location: AARCA (Charlottetown office)
60 Summer Street, Charlottetown, PE
Length of Position: 10 weeks starting June 12th, 2017 and ending August 19, 2017.
Hours per week: 35
- must be located in Charlottetown for the duration of the contract.
- All applicants that meet the criteria for the Canada Summer Jobs program are eligible to apply.
- Please email a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for applications: Tuesday, May 23rd at 5pm.
The event brings together artists, administrators, thinkers, curators and the public to consider the flexible, responsive and provisional forms of organization that are increasingly necessary or the sustained evolution of contemporary artist-run culture. Innovative platforms for artistic collaboration will be a key focus. Flotilla is co-produced by the The Association of Artist-Run Centres from the Atlantic (AARCA) and The Artist-Run Centres and Collectives Conference (ARCCC-CCCAA, aka ARCA) .
For more information visit: www.FlotillaAtlantic.com or connect via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities, and persons with
a disability are encouraged to apply. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation
in order to successfully submit an application, please contact us at email@example.com to make
your accommodation request.
Flotilla is the Atlantic edition of the the biennial gathering of artist-run centres, hosted by The Association of
Artist-Run Centres from the Atlantic (AARCA) in Charlottetown, in September 2017.
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org