CAPE BREON UNIVERSITY
FIRST-YEAR ADVISING CENTRE (FYAC) STUDENT EMPLOYEE
The First-Year Advising Centre runs academic advising for first-year CBU students. Academic advising is mandatory for first-year students, and offers them the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an advisor to discuss their program and what courses they should take in their first year. Accurate information on CBU’s programs, policies, procedures, and resources is also provided through the First-Year Advising Centre.
- have completed at least 30 credits (1 year) of an undergraduate program at CBU;
- be returning to CBU in September 2016;
- have a 75% average or higher;
- have strong organization and communication skills; and
- have a keen interest in helping new students get the best possible start to their time at CBU.
Hours: averaging 24 hours/week
Term: April 25 – September 9, 2016
- Establish a warm, welcoming atmosphere in the FYAC
- Work independently and as part of the FYAC team
- Help students schedule advising appointments
- Greet incoming students and parents and keep the FYAC operating smoothly
- Maintain ongoing communication with the FYAC coordinator and academic advisors, and communicate as needed with faculty and School secretaries
- Assist with Orientation planning
- Teach students how to fit the courses they are taking into a schedule
- Teach students to navigate the CBU website, access their CBU webmail, access their student account, and complete their registration
- Answer phone and email inquiries about the FYAC and transfer student advising
- Complete various organizational tasks
Interested students should submit an application letter and resume along with academic transcripts and contact information of two (2) references to:
Student Development Officer
Applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. March 29, 2016.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.