JOB TITLE: NOLS Yukon Equipment Coordinator
REPORTS TO: NOLS Yukon Program Manager
JOB OBJECTIVE: Supervise issue, de-issue, sales, rental, maintenance, purchase
and inventory of NOLS Yukon equipment and merchandise. Provide transportation for
staff and students to their course locations on occasion.
QUALIFICATIONS: A pleasant and approachable manner with staff and students as
well as a high degree of motivation, initiative, and strong organizational skills are
required. Must be willing and able to work long hours on a flexible schedule. Should be
familiar with Macintosh computer systems and possess basic Excel spreadsheet and
word processing skills. Experience working with expedition equipment is helpful; good
communication skills, skills in organizing and managing others; desire to work, teach,
and interact with NOLS students and instructors.
LEADERSHIP OR SUPERVISORY DUTIES: Supervise all aspects of outfitting NOLS
Yukon courses. Supervise instructors and students during issue and de-issue
procedures. Supervise and brief instructors on course equipment needs. Supervise
part-time helpers in the equipment realm.
FUNDS AND/OR PROPERTY: Responsible for accurate records of NOLS Yukon
course equipment as it is issued and de-issued. Responsible for roughly $300 in petty
cash. Track NOLS Yukon equipment inventory and advise program manager on yearly
purchases within a ~$25,000 budget.
– Participate as an active member on the NOLS Yukon team
– Manage issue and de-issue of group and personal gear for staff and students,
including student and staff billing
– Responsible for keeping gear in good working order through in-house and contracted
repairs, including overseeing course laundry
– Brief instructors on equipment available for their courses; work with instructors to outfit
courses within budget parameters
– Provide training and supervision for equipment staff and field instructors in equipment
maintenance, inspection, and repair
– Organize and track equipment issue paperwork, including course sales summaries
– Maintain clean and safe work areas
– Keep concise, up-to-date inventory ($200,000 of equipment inventory)
– Assist and advise NOLS Yukon program manager on purchasing for following season;
includes compiling requisitions at season end and providing long-range planning advice
– Drive students and staff to their course areas (20% of responsibilities)
– Perform special projects and other duties, as assigned by the NOLS Yukon program
manger or program supervisors.
Applicant must be a Canadian citizen,
landed immigrant, or possess a travel/holiday visa or work permit enabling legal
employment in Canada.
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK: A criminal background check is required from all
MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD: Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the
position start date and possess a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving history
and be able to meet the criteria for NOLS vehicle insurance coverage.
WORK LOCATION: Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Send cover letter and resume to: Briana Mackay
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: February 21st , 2016
STARTING DATE: May 23rd, 2016
Thank you for your interest in NOLS. Please consider providing some optional,
anonymous information by visiting this link: