Ulnooweg a leading Mi’kmaq non-profit organization in Atlantic Canada, is looking to hire passionate and skilled individuals to participate in a new digital educational program in Mi’kmaq schools and communities throughout the province of Nova Scotia.
About the Role:
Working part time up to a maximum of 37 hours a week, these digital program facilitators throughout May and June we will be working directly in schools with students from K – 12 in delivering a series of hands-on workshops. The prime focus of these involve introducing students to coding through robotics and creative computing. Additional programming in a vast number of areas will continue throughout the summer months through the fully resourced classrooms we are setting up in all communities.
Location: These positions will be engaged in all Mi’kmaq communities across Nova Scotia. Travel is a given.
Salary Range: The salary range for this position is $20.00 per hour up to 37 hours a week.
Students in the majority of the schools work with lPADs, some Chrome Books and Laptops. There is also a high speed internet in all schools so connectivity is not a problem. It is therefore important that individuals applying are familiar with these devices especially MAC computers as in the majority of cases MAC’s devices are what students in the schools use. While not an IT position, it is useful to be able to trouble shoot at a general level when the need arises.
- You have a Drivers License.
- Prior to working you will have completed a criminal check for working with vulnerable youth.
- You have solid interpersonal communication skills and are a team player.
- You bring creativity, initiative, a strong commitment to excellence and are highly organized working in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
- You are passionate in supporting the delivery of positive learning experiences to children of all ages.
- You bring a basic level of cultural awareness and are comfortable working with Indigenous communities.
- You are capable in providing basic levels of instructional support in areas of coding, robotics, computational thinking and creativity.
- You are comfortable working within our program deadlines.
- Support the workshop team leaders in delivering the program through a full cycle of learning.
- Have strong listening skills, be innovative, flexible and generous in spirit.
- Be proactive and committed to the role.
- Work collaboratively with the other team members, the schools, the principals, teachers and Ulnooweg Program Facilitators.
- Empower the curiosity of children and youth through these introductory programs.
- Support inquiries from students and teachers alike.
- Provide brief summaries and feedback to the Program Director so as to enhance educational outcomes.
- Participate in helping to facilitate the research study as needed.
- Participate in the planning and training sessions on an as needed basis.
Why Participate in Our Digital Program?
We’re doing something ground breaking, awesome, transformational and yup — fun !
If interested, positions are filling up fast.