Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design
Job Title: Cultural Tourism Coordinator
Location: Port Hawkesbury
Duration: June 11th, 2018 to August 31st, 2018 (12 weeks)
Salary: $10.85 per hour/ 35 hrs. per week
Application Deadline: May 7, 2018
The Cape Breton Centre for Craft & Design is offering a 13-week position for a Cultural Tourism Coordinator. The
successful candidate will work out of the Customs House on Granville Street in Port Hawkesbury’s waterfront and
will be responsible in assisting the Craft Incubator Coordinator in the day-to-day operation of the retail space, craft
studios and culture related events in the area.
It is preferred that the successful candidate be enrolled in and have completed at least one year of an
undergraduate program or Fine Arts / Craft program.
- Ensure the required mechanisms are in place for the artists who will be working from the building
- Assist in the design and layout of the gallery shop for retail and exhibitions purposes
- Assist in retail sales of fine craft products to visitors
- Interact with visitors, answer telephones and deal with correspondence
- Liaise with artists regarding consignment agreements, process payments or transactions, maintain records
of sales and maintain up-to-date records of incoming and outgoing work
- Assist in implementation of training opportunities for artists working from the building
- Assist in the marketing and promotion of artists work
- Assist in the development and implementation of cultural events in partnership with the Municipality of
the Town of Port Hawkesbury
- Other duties as assigned
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter and three references, no later than Monday, May 14th 2018 at 4:00 p.m. to:
Lori Burke, Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org or
Cape Breton Centre for Craft and Design
P.O. Box 1686
Sydney, NS B1P 6T7
Note: Successful applicant will complete a Child Abuse Register Search.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.