The LET’S Talk program is an out-of-class program which focuses mainly on conversation based skills. Its primary objective is to help ESL students improve their speaking fluency along with building confidence when relying on their English speaking ability to communicate. Mentors with LET’S Talk usually initiate a variety of different games and team builders to engage ESL students and help them strengthen their English speaking skills in a casual, fun and non-threatening atmosphere.
- MUST be fluent in English;
- be a registered CBU student;
- have strong literacy and communication skills and have a keen interest in helping ESL students.
- Working closely with and receiving guidance from LET’S Talk Coordinator. Maintain ongoing communication with the coordinator
- Create a fun, easy-going atmosphere where ESL students can practice their English without judgment
- Ability to collaborate with other LET’S Talk mentors
- Able to work with little supervision • Respectful
Hours: 5 hours/week (1.5 hours/daily for 3 days; usually Tues, Wed, Thurs)
Rate: $10.85 – $12.00/hour
Interested students should submit an application letter and resume to:
Jennifer Bussey Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be received on-going throughout the academic year.