The Nova Scotia Community Access Program is seeking a responsible student to offer
oneonone computer training with Seniors and technology programs for youth. We are
looking for a student in Sydney and North Sydney.
● Legally entitled to work in Canada
● A fulltime
student or university graduate who is under 30
● Creative person, who is able to think outside the box.
● Must enjoy working with seniors and children
● Some positions will require access to reliable transportation (mileage will be paid)
● Preference will be given to candidates with skills in videography, web development or
Typical duties will include:
● Deliver computer and Internet training sessions to various age groups in the
● Train and assist the general public and target groups on basic computer and Internet
● Deliver technology camps to children and youth.
Technical Support (will train)
● Set up and or maintain hardware and software
● Provide network troubleshooting
● Promoting and Creating Awareness of the Cap Site
● Inform a broad range of community members about the CAP Sites
● Develop publicity and promotional material for your local CAP Site activities and
● Organize information sessions and other promotional events.
● Encourage local media to do stories on the CAP Site.
● Maintain records for the Cap Site (number and agegroups
of clients who visit the
Cap site and the types of services that may require)
● Assist the Cap Site Operator in daytoday
activities of the Cap Site.
● Assist in various special projects that promote CAP.
● Responsible for various projects as outlined by the CAP site supervisor.
● Other duties as required.
Email your cover letter and resume to:
before November 4, 2015 to be
considered. We need someone available to work at least 15 hrs per week . The salary range
is between $13.50 and $15.00 per hour (depending on experience)