The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is seeking a student to fill the role of Communications and
Event Assistant. This is an eight week position starting July 3rd, 2018.
The Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an integral part of the health care community in our region,
ensuring that critical equipment and services are available to residents of Cape Breton. As a registered not-forprofit,
since 1991 in partnership with the community, the Foundation has raised more than $50,000,000 to
purchase priority equipment and fund facility upgrades.
The Communications and Event Assistant will assist with a wide range of projects and activities, including
communication support, event assistance, online marketing, social media coordination, volunteer
coordination and administrative duties as required.
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education (business, marketing, or public relations preferred)
- Must be a full-time student in 2018 and will be returning in 2019
- Must have completed two or more years of post-secondary education
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 30
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Developing stories for print and online use
- Developing website content
- Coordinating social media campaigns
- Providing communications and event support for the 4th annual Because You Care Cup
- Volunteer coordination for third party events and Foundation-run events
- Day-of event support
- Assisting with news releases and media advisories
- Assisting with the campaign for the Radio Day 2017
- Assist with daily office duties, data entry and administrative support as required
- Assist with development of #TheNext25 campaign
- Assist with all other administrative tasks as required
- Online marketing experience, including social media coordination
- Tech-savvy and strong computer skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Superior time management skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well in a team environment or independently
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Outgoing and friendly personality
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization would be an asset
Interested applicants should submit their resume and cover letter no later than Friday, June 8th at 12:00pm.
Salary: $13.00/hr for 35 hours per week. This includes vacation pay
Applications can be submitted to:
Attention: Jennifer Macdonald
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation
45 Weatherbee Road, Suite 209
Sydney, NS B1M OA1
In person: The Foundation office on the main floor of the Cape Breton Regional
Only those selected for an interview will be notified. Start date is tentatively July 3, 2018.
Cape Breton Regional Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages
applicants to self-identify their priority status in their application.