The Horizon Achievement Centre is a vocational training and employment service centre for adults with mental disabilities or those facing multiple barriers to employment, residing within the Cape Breton Regional Municipality.
The student in coordination with other direct care staff will conduct a communication program for non-verbal clients through the use of technology. This program would help clients better develop the skills to better express their wants and needs both at the Centre and at home.
- Must have been a full time student during the 2016-2017 academic school year.
- be returning to CBU in September 2017;
- have strong organization and communication skills
- Work independently and as part of the HAC team
- Develop and implement a training schedule
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Life Enhancement Coordinator
- Assist with communication strategy
- Teach clients how to improve their own communication with the use of technology
- Complete various organizational tasks
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 to 4:30 (35 hours/week)
Term: May 29th 2017 to July 21st 2017
Interested students should submit an application letter and resume and contact information of two (2) references to:
- Amanda Burt, Financial Coordinator
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph: 902-539-8553 ext 222
Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. May 12th 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.