WE’RE HIRING! Climbing Guides:
The Tim Horton Children’s Foundation is committed to serving youth from low-income families living in Tim Hortons communities across Canada and the United States. Our campers participate in wilderness-based experiences which are a powerful tool for personal growth and learning. Our five year program builds skills and strengths that help youth thrive at school, succeed in their future workplaces and become positive, contributing members of their communities.
Contract dates from June 3, 2017 – September 1, 2017 with positions available at:
Tim Horton Children’s Ranch (THCR) is spread out over 150 acres in beautiful Kananaskis Country. Located a 1 hour drive west of Calgary, Kananaskis is surrounded by popular tourist communities including Banff and Lake Louise. THCR offers a panoramic view of the Canadian Rockies and glacier-fed waters. Program highlights include: overnight camping and backpacking, whitewater rafting, organic gardening, horseback riding and rock climbing on a real rock face.
JOIN OUR TEAM TO…
- Being involved in inspiring young people to discover their potential
- Working alongside liked-minded change makers
- Working in a picturesque location, ideal for outdoor adventures
- Participating in extensive training opportunities
- Having your accommodations and meals provided
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Pursuing post-secondary degree or diploma in recreation, outdoor/adventure education or a related field
- Demonstrated group facilitation skills
- Experience working with youth, preferably in an outdoor setting
- Skilled in behaviour management and problem solving
- Certifications: Wilderness First Responder, Bronze Cross or Wilderness Water Safety – or willing to obtain
- Clear criminal background check
- Ability to live on-site for an extended period of time and work flexible hours
WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?
- Facilitate the climbing program and other camp programs as set out by the Program Coordinator and Program Manager
- Ensure equipment and supplies are in good repair
- Maintain a professional and healthy relationship with all companies, service providers, park wardens, Stoney Reserve Municipal Agents, etc.
- Be a positive role model for young people including teaching and setting a good example in areas such as proper manners, goal setting, accountability, respect for the environment, respect for each other
- Recognize and celebrate each child’s differences and plan for the success of each child
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving in the cabin group
- Ability to report any incident/ accidents within the workplace and/or recognize hazards
- Complete minimal administrative functions such as daily trip reports, travel related forms, Incident/ Accident forms
Applicants interested the Tim Horton Children’s Ranch can forward their resumes to Rachel Clark, Program Manager at email@example.com by June 1st, 2017 at 4pm.
If you would like more information on how you could apply for this position as a CBU Co-op Option and earn 3 credits toward your degree, please contact CBU Student Placement Officer Carly Turnbull: firstname.lastname@example.org