The Atlantic Council for International Cooperation (ACIC) is a coalition of individuals, organizations, and institutions working in the Atlantic region, which are committed to achieving global sustainability in a peaceful and healthy environment, with social justice, human dignity, and participation for all. ACIC supports its members in international cooperation and education through collective leadership, networking, information, training and coordination, and represents their interests when dealing with government and others.
ACIC also takes a leadership role in engaging Atlantic Canadians around issues relating to international development, global sustainability, and social justice. Through our public engagement work, ACIC strives to give Atlantic Canadians the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to become active global citizens.
We currently have over 70 members, including national organizations and grassroots organizations from across the Atlantic Provinces.
- Drafting communications materials including e-bulletins, blogs, newsletters, and media releases
- Assisting in implementing ACIC’s communications strategy
- Maintaining social media presence across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
- Updating websites, as required
- Assisting with marketing and public engagement activities
- Researching and compiling resource materials targeted to a youth audience
- Assisting with logistics for Annual General Meeting and Symposium, including registration, catering, travel arrangements, etc.
- Other activities as required
- Experience using social media and web platforms (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Square Space)
- Experience creating promotional materials with Adobe Suite and Canva
- Experience in editing, layout, and publishing of newsletters and other documents
- Experience organizing logistics for workshops, conferences, and other events
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent computer and graphic design skills
- Knowledge of non-government organizations (NGO) international development and community groups in the Atlantic an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – bilingual in English and French an asset
Duration: April 26-August, 2017
Hours: 37.5/ week
Location: Halifax, NS
Application Deadline: April 19, 2017
Interviews: April 24, 2017
Please submit your resume, cover letter, names and contact information of three references, and where you heard about the job posting by e-mail to email@example.com. Please also ensure that you indicate the job title in your subject line.
Thank you for applying. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.
- Must be returning to full time studies in the fall 2017 term
- Position is dependent on receipt of funding- to be confirmed sometime in April under Canada Summer Jobs
As an equity seeking organization, ACIC encourages applications from individuals that represent the full diversity of communities in Canada, including complexities of intersecting identities such as ability, age, class, gender, race and sexual orientation.